Posted on Monday, 15 April 2013
"We are so focused on a goal, whether it be passing a test, or graduating as first in the class. However, in this way, we do not really learn. We do whatever it takes to achieve our original objective".
"Perhaps, you only learned how to memorize names, places, and dates to later on forget in order to clear your mind for the next .
test. School is not all that it can be”
"But I contend that I am a human being, a thinker, an adventurer – not a worker. A worker is someone who is trapped within repetition – a slave of the system set up before him".
"When I leave educational institutionalism, will I be successful or forever lost? I have no clue about what I want to do with my life".
"Between these cinderblock walls, we are all expected to be the same. We are trained to ace every standardized test, and those who deviate and see light through a different lens are worthless to the scheme of public education, and therefore viewed with contempt".
by Erica Goldson
- sammy16rae likes this
- i-havent-had-my-coffee-yet likes this
- carribean-w-a-v-e-s likes this
- shesnotinnocent likes this
- clvaledictorian03 reblogged this from ranisya
- clvaledictorian03 likes this
- cherysse040398 likes this
- humans-livefastbleedslow likes this
- breathtakingserendipity likes this
- shoalanderson likes this
- anabundanceofkendal likes this
- ranisya posted this